Classic Moab Trails
Latitude 40° Maps offers the most visually sophisticated recreation maps available anywhere. Focussing on the splendor of the Colorado mountains, Latitude 40°'s maps employ digital cartography, shaded relief, and on-the-ground ground-truthing to reveal the glory of landscape and the intricacy of route-finding. Whether you're a wilderness hiker, a mountain bike adventurer, an equestrian explorer, or a fully-outfitted jeeper, you will find these maps the perfect, user-friendly guide to your journeys. Covering the full breadth of the most important destinations, Latitude 40° maps include topographic contour lines, recommended routes, public access trail and road information, and explanatory notes. Latitude 40° prints on waterproof, tear-resistant plastic stock. These artistic documents feature double-sided maps with verbal route descriptions and route elevation/distance profiles. For each and every map, these seasoned cartographers devote countless hours consulting with local governing agencies and public interest groups to ensure accuracy. They travel the routes with GPS (Geographic Positioning System) receivers, translating the truth of the ground into the symbols of mapping.
Classic Moab Trails Map Coverage:
- covers 18 USGS 1:24,000 7.5-minute quad maps
- north: Klondike Bluffs
- south: Canyon Rims Recreatation Area
- east: La Sal Mountains
- west: Island in the Sky
- highlighted public access trails and roads for hiking, mountain biking, OHV, and equestrians
- includes Castleton Towers/Adobe Mesa, Dead Horse Point State Park, La Sal Mountains, Poison Spider Mesa, and Sovereign Trail
- Temperature/Precipitation Chart
- Trail Descriptions/Elevation Profiles
- Seven-color, double-sided map
- latitude and longitude map borders with UTM coordinates
- 7.5' map locator
- Contour Interval = 50'