Wide World Maps & MORE!
Mount Baldy Wilderness Visitors Travel Guide & Map
Official Forest Service map of the Mount Baldy Wilderness area where hikers from the novice to the expert are challenged.
- Year: 1982
- Topo (Contour) Lines: Yes
- Relief Shading: No
- Material: Paper
- Double Sided: Yes Mount Baldy Wilderness was designated as part of the National Wilderness Preservation System in 1970. Its 7,079 acres on the eastern slope of Mount Baldy lie entirely within Springerville Ranger District of the Apache National Forest. Elevations vary from 9,000 to 11,400 feet above sea level. Mount Baldy is an extinct volcano that has experienced 3 distinct periods of glaciation. Baldy Peak itself is on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation and is not included in the Wilderness Area.
- Mt. Baldy offers cabin rentals at the Snowcrest Lodge, the Mt. Baldy Lodge, and from private landowners.
- Highlights recreation opportunities such as trails, campgrounds, and more
- Includes township and range section numbers
- Printed in the U.S.A.
- Folded Dimensions: (L" ? W" ? D") 7-3/8 ? 4-7/8 ? 1/8
- Unfolded Dimensions: (L" ? W") 48 ? 27
- Map Scale: 1"= 2000' (1:24,000)